If you ask businesses which social media platforms are vital to their growth, they might say platforms such as Facebook or Instagram. For years, LinkedIn has been overlooked because most people only associate it with job searching, but the platform offers so much more. A survey found that 40% of B2B marketers believed LinkedIn was the most effective channel for driving high-quality leads. Unlike other platforms, B2C businesses can post content 1-2 times per week, and still grow their reach. LinkedIn is a great way to grow your audience while also expanding your personal brand. Read on for more on why you should be using LinkedIn for your business and personal branding.
Five strategies for businesses using LinkedIn
1. Post 1-2 times per week.
– You can use these posts to talk about your business wins, brag about your employees, and of course, share what your business is about.
2. Discuss relevant industry topics.
– LinkedIn isn’t the place to push sales. Instead, use your page to create discussions about relevant topics in your industry and push people into your funnel through a call to action.
3. Fill out your profile.
– Completely filling out your profile can be an opportunity to use keywords to help optimize your page and your brand.
4. Check out the competition.
– You shouldn’t copy what your competition is doing, but it can be helpful to see what’s working for them and how you can make it unique for your business.
5. Use the newsletter feature.
– To use this feature your business page must have 150 followers. Creating a newsletter can be a great way for people to learn more about your business. Unlike LinkedIn articles, which don’t notify followers, LinkedIn newsletters send an email notifying your subscribers every time a new post is available.
LinkedIn isn’t just useful for your business or for searching for job opportunities. It can be a great way to establish your personal brand and position yourself as a thought leader.
Strategies for personal branding using LinkedIn
1. Connect with people in your industry.
– Finding and following people can be a great way to gain insight from people who work in your industry.
2. Post about your accomplishments.
– It’s okay to brag about yourself from time to time. You can still be humble while being proud of the work you have done!
3. Brag on your employer.
– People enjoy seeing positive content, so use this to talk about your favorite part of your job and what you love about it. Not only will this be seen by colleagues, and current and future employers, but it can be a great way to have a strong presence on the platform.
4. Join relevant groups:
– LinkedIn is a great place to build your network and one way to do so is by joining groups to connect with people who share the same interests and passions as you.
If you would like to hear more about how LinkedIn can help your brand and your business, listen to the full podcast here.